Mini Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizzas

Woke up craving some pizza from my beloved Lou Malnati's, but alas I cannot have any. So I thought... "Maybe I can recreate a WLS friendly version" and here's what I came up with!  :)



Ingredients

2 Low Carb Wheat Tortillas (fajita size)
1 oz Hormel Mini Turkey Pepperoni
1 tbsp Onions (minced)
2 tbsp Italian Style Diced Tomatoes (smashed with a fork)
1 Stick of String Cheese (sliced into 24 pieces)*This is what I had on hand
Parmesan

Preheat oven to 400°

Spray 8 mini muffin wells with nonstick Olive Oil spray. Cut out 4 rounds from each tortilla.  (I used a glass I have that is about 2" in diameter.)  Place a round in each well and push down.  Add 3 slices of your string cheese to each round.  Divide your pepperoni evenly among the 8 mini pizzas, add a little onion to each and top with some tomatoes.  Sprinkle a little parmesan over each pizza.  Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.



I must say these came out REALLY GOOD!  I really can't tell that I'm eating healthy :)

Try them with your favorite toppings.  Just don't forget the tomatoes, they're they most important part in making a delicious Chicago-Style pizza!

Makes 2 servings

** Save those tortilla scraps... A good use for them would be baking them in the oven at 400° for a few minutes until crisp then grinding them for use as "bread crumbs".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...