Mini Taco Salad



Tonight I made tacos for the family and I didn't feel like I should have to make something just for me.  So I decided to make a little taco salad for myself.  It was super simple and tasty.  I'm gonna put the recipe for the taco meat, which I made for the family and also put on my mini taco salad.  And I'll show you how I made my taco salad shell.

Ingredients

Taco Meat
1 pound Ground Turkey
1 packet of Taco Seasoning (use your favorite brand)
1/2 cup of Black Beans
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder

Taco Shell
1 or 2 Whole Wheat or Multi-grain Low Carb Tortillas (this depends on the size of the tortillas)
Olive Oil Spray

Toppings
1/4 cup Shredded Lettuce
1/2 tbsp. Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1/2 tbsp. Sour Cream
1 tbsp. Fresh Salsa (will post recipe another day)
3 tbsp. Taco Meat

Preheat toaster oven to 375°

Cut out two 4" circles from your tortilla with a cookie cutter.  Flip over a muffin pan. Spray two of the cups with your Olive oil spray.  Place your tortillas on top and spray the tops.  Place in the oven for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes remove from oven and let it cool and harden.
Meanwhile prepare the taco meat according to seasoning packet instructions.  Once meat is done, add the black beans, corn, onion powder and garlic powder.  Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Divide lettuce and the rest of the toppings among both tortilla shells.

1 or 2 servings depending on pouch capacity

*I'm almost 3 months out and was only able to have 1 of these.  Someone who is further out might be able to have both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...