34th Birthday!

My husband & I

Wow! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by.  Today I celebrated my 34th birthday at a weight I never thought I would see again (before having this wonderfully miraculous surgery!)  I am currently 6 months post-op and weighing 208 lbs. for a total weight loss so far of 84 lbs.
Before having this surgery I never knew that I could be this happy with myself again.  With every passing day I know that having my RNY was the best decision I could have ever made for myself and my family.  I have been quite lucky since having my surgery.  I am able to eat almost everything I use to without getting sick.  I cannot do sugar in high quantities, but that is something I am thankful for.  I try to avoid simple carbs as much as possible (about the only one I do on occassion is potato.)  And I try to keep a diet high in protein with lots of fruits and vegetables and some complex carbs.
I had set myself a short term goal to reach onederland before my birthday, but unfortunately I didn't quite make it.  Even though I didn't make the goal I am SUPER happy with where I am right now.  I know that if I had been exercising like I'm suppose to I could have made my goal.  And that is something that I'm going to work hard at doing.
Any way you put it though this has been one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time!  I am loving the new me and how everything in my life is going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...